Thursday, January 14, 2016

Local Restaurant Review: Big Apple Bagels (AVON)

I've seen this place numerous times and I keep thinking "I need to stop in there." I love bagels.  Why should I not stop in there?  It's on the South side of Rockville Road, if you're heading West.  Near Dan Jones.

Well, Sunday Morning, Ryan and I were driving home from my Company "Winter Festival" and we decided that breakfast sounded good. I  kept naming off brunch places.  "On the Border has Sunday Brunch.... O' Charley's has brunch.... "

Well, Ryan, being a space cadet, totally drives right past on the border because he was in the wrong lane and they didn't appear to be opened, so then as we are approaching O'Charley's he gets into the left hand lane and I'm all like "WTH are you doing?  You just passed up both restaurants that I mentioned." And he's all like "Oh, did I?"...

So we start talking and I said "we could turn around and get Panera.  They have bagels."

Ryan retorts with "Isn't there another bagel shop up the road?"

Me: "Yeah, up here on the left."

With that, we pull in and there is Big Apple Bagels. 

Holy Cow this place is packed.  Apparently it is a little gem of a place, that I should have discovered long ago.  I ordered a BLT Bagel sandwich; you get to pick your own type of bagel and you get to pick a cream cheese to put on it.  I went with Cheddar Herb Bagel and onion chive cream cheese... with all that bacon and lettuce (I don't like tomatoes, so I requested it without).

Ryan is boring, he went with a blueberry bagel and regular cream cheese.

They have an extensive breakfast menu (Lox included... which was tempting) as well as a lunch sandwich menu.

It took a few minutes, because the place was crammed with people, but when we got our food, I was pleasantly surprised.  My sandwich was LOADED with bacon.  I will definitely be adding this of my places to sneak into and grab a bagel from.  They had quite the selection of bagels and cream cheeses.  Very much worth looking in to.

Two Thumbs Up!

And a full belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment