Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Crowd Tap Mission: Sweet'n Low

I've blogged about CrowdTap and how it generally works before, but if you ever have any questions, feel free to comment and I'll do my best best to answer.

I started following the Sweet N' Low brand a few months ago and it's been a lot of fun. I guess I hadn't realized how many drink possibilities there were, that you could make with Sweet N' Low.

I saw a recipe on their site once, for a Pomegranate type Sangria and my sisters and I had made a "Crangria" (Cranberry Sangria) a few years ago. So, this year, we modified the Crangria to incorporate the Sweet N Low.

Cranberry Wine, Cranberries (which were really bitter this year), Apples, Blood Orange, and of course the Sweet N Low.
I always support my local wineries, so I used an Indiana Cranberry Wine. Shhh, no name dropping here.... because it's the Sweet N Low that's supposed to shine.

The challenge was really to make a drink using the recipes they already sent, but I live in a kitchen when I have time, so what fun is it to use other peoples recipes when you can make your own? Plus the recipes they sent me didn't sound too appealing. I'm not a "pumpkin spice" basic type of girl... Pumpkin Puree in my coffee doesn't even sound good.

But Cranberry WINE does!

Here's what I used:


1 Bottle of Cranberry Wine
4 Packets of Sweet N Low
The Juice of 1/2 of a Blood Orange
8 Oz Frozen Cranberries
1/2 of a Blood Orange sliced and throw into the pitch
3 cubed apples (skin on)

Mix up the first 3 ingredients then throw in the chopped fruit. Chill and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment