Saturday, January 23, 2016

Bzz Agent Mission: Pace/Prego Ready Meals

I will start off by saying that I'm not typically a huge fan of prepackaged meals.  I never eat them.  If I do eat them... I don't necessarily LIKE them.  I came home from my part time job today and low and behold, my meals have arrived!


I couldn't remember which meals I picked, when I signed up for the mission, so it was like Christmas, all over again!   What do I have??  Sample Kit 3: Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini, Marinara & Italian Sausage, and Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla

Since I had been at work all day, and skipped lunch, I was starving.  So naturally, I have to rip open a meal.  I chose.... Drum Roll PLEASE!!



The Cheesy Chicken Tortilla.  I looked at the back, 290 calories.  That's it? 290 calories? For 1 serving? And 1 serving is the ENTIRE PACKAGE!  So I can eat the ENTIRE package and it's only 290 calories?  Wow, this is great news. Another great thing about these meals are that there aren't any additives.  They're all natural ingredients.


Okay, so here's the test.  1 minute in the microwave. #HeatTearEat.  Well, 1 minute in the microwave and the middle was still a cold mass.  I tried to mash it up a bit, still sealed and threw it back in the microwave another 30 seconds... Nope.  Still cold.  I rip open the bag, give it a good stir AGAIN and throw it back in for another 30 seconds.  Meh. Still cold.  Whatever.  I'm starving.  

Overall, it tastes okay.  It would work as a work meal.  There are plenty of flavors and you wouldn't get bored easily with them.  However, I ended up throwing this in a tortilla shell and added more cheese.  It was way tastier that way.  These might be  nice to use as a starter and then top with your own favorites.  Like add chicken to the pasta, or add sour cream and make this a burrito.

I've yet to see these in the store... because I try to avoid the store at all costs.  I did get some coupons though.  I'll look and see how much the cost and probably grab a few to start taking to work.  Pretty glad I got the chance to try these.  I'll probably start microwaving them for 1.5 minutes from the word go though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment