Thursday, December 14, 2017

Collapsible Folding Insulated Cooler

It's not often that I actually rave about things; but THIS cooler.  WOW!  I know when I think of "collapsible" coolers, I think of the cheap, barely insulated coolers that leak all over the place whenever you put ice in them.  Sure, they fold up and can be stored away, but they really just aren't worth it.

This cooler is much different than the normal collapsible, folding coolers.  When it arrives, it is already collapsed; the top and bottom of the cooler are a firm type of  EVA foam material.  When you unzip it and expand it, it has blue pinstripe fabric and cloth handles.  When you fully expand the cooler, it measures  17” x 11.8” x 13.4”.  It closes down to 17" x 11.8" x 3.5".   -It's a serious space saver. *Also note that when you expand it, make sure you undo the zipper all the way.  I couldn't figure out why mine wasn't opening up and it was because I didn't unlatch the zipper.


When it's fully unfolded, you can fit a LOT of stuff in this bad boy.  I was dragging supplies to a friend's house to cook him dinner.  I had:  4 ice packs, a pound of chicken breast, andouille sausage, a large container of chicken broth, 2 cans of beans, onions, peppers, garlic, a can of Rotel chilis, 6 beers, 2 Dr. Peppers, sour cream, cheese, milk and a few other products and there was still a LOT of room.  All of the food stayed cold, and the next morning when I went to get my Dr. Pepper, they were still pretty chilled as well.  There are four folding flaps at the top, so once your cooler is packed, you lie the flaps down over the products in the cooler, then zip it shut. There is an adjustable shoulder strap and two handles, for ease of carrying. 


I can't say if this will keep your stuff cold for 24 hours, but it claims to be able to not melt ice for up to 24 hours. From my personal experience, you can get AT LEAST 15 hours out of it.  

Here's the link for it: Home Green Collapsible Folding Insulated Cooler.




I got this cooler at a discounted rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment