Sunday, November 19, 2017

Slice Device 8" Chef Knife

Funny enough, a few weeks before, I was at my friend's house cooking her dinner, and we were both cussing about how crappy her kitchen knives were...  Literally the next day, I saw that I could get a nice looking Chef's knife to try out, at a discounted rate.

This is an 8" Chef Knife from Slice Device.  The images on Amazon do not do this beauty any justice.  The knife is sturdy and thick, but not overly bulky.  It's easy to hold on to and handle as you're cutting.  The handle, itself, is a nice wooden handle and very easy to maintain a good grip on.

I went to culinary school for a few years and I've held many HIGH END, pricey knives.  I'm not going to say this is a perfect quality knife, but for the cost, size, strength & durability of knife, it is a very good quality knife that I would not mind having around.  -However, I have some knives I am absolutely in love with, so I allowed my friend to try the knife once I got a good feel for it and then told her to keep it, so she has at least ONE nice knife in her kitchen.

We used the knife to make some Bruschetta; it required slicing tomatoes, onions, garlic & basil.   We were able to cut the tomatoes without squishing them and pushing too hard.  It sliced through onions like they were softened butter.  This knife is pretty nice.

This product was purchased at a discounted rate.



No comments:

Post a Comment